Aha! Moments When Learning Git

[…] till you checked them out. While in git, your files are always “checked out”. The whole staging thing in git is also a little confusing at first. But what really helped was the millions (and I’m not […]

[…] Aha moments when learning git […]

[…] http://betterexplained.com/articles/aha-moments-when-learning-git/ […]

[…] Aha! Moments When Learning Git | BetterExplained This entry was posted in Uncategorized by admin. Bookmark the permalink. […]

[…] read Aha! Moments when learning Git. You don’t have to give it a lot of thought, or make notes of the commands; just glancing […]

[…] Aha! Moments When Learning Git: Kalid Azad 与你分享他第一次使用Git的体验。 […]

[…] Aha moments when learning Git […]

[…] use Git locally on my laptop to track changes while I am working on various tasks.  Git allows me to keep […]

[…] Aha! Moments When Learning Git – a blog post that highlights the enlightening experience you’ll get after you realize how the staging area works […]

[…] Git_Guide: 这个FAQ形式的文章涵盖了初学者最需要了解的内容。 Aha! Moments When Learning Git: Kalid Azad 与你分享他第一次使用Git的体验。 Version Control for Designers: […]

[…] use Git locally on my laptop to track changes while I am working on various tasks.  Git allows me to keep […]

[…] 啊哈!学习Git的那些时候 —- 一篇博客文章 […]

[…] Aha! Moments When Learning Git […]

[…] Aha! Moments When Learning Git – a blog post that highlights the enlightening experience you’ll get after you realize how the staging area works […]

Hi Khalid,

I am a big fan of your hit the nail on the head posts. You are doing an amazing job of empowering the minds to be agile ; whenever someone wants to quench the thirst for clarity, betterexplained.com is right there making things a lot easier! Keep up the good work!!!

I would like to know if it is possible for you to share with us a post on ‘Static vs Dynamic Linking’ ; I have referred so many posts and yet to find one physically exhilarating enough to blurt out a fat ‘Aha!’ :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Awaiting your reply.

the link in this sentence, at “here” is dead

“In my .bash_profile (modified from here):”

An few excellent git-log aliases… very tidy indeed.

[alias]
lg1 = log --graph --abbrev-commit --decorate --date=relative --format=format:’%C(bold blue)%h%C(reset) - %C(bold green)(%ar)%C(reset) %C(white)%s%C(reset) %C(dim white)- %an%C(reset)%C(bold yellow)%d%C(reset)’ --all
lg2 = log --graph --abbrev-commit --decorate --format=format:’%C(bold blue)%h%C(reset) - %C(bold cyan)%aD%C(reset) %C(bold green)(%ar)%C(reset)%C(bold yellow)%d%C(reset)%n’’ %C(white)%s%C(reset) %C(dim white)- %an%C(reset)’ --all
lg = !“git lg1”

Hi Kalid!
I’ve just read a few of your posts and I enjoyed all of them.
Thank you for the work you put into these posts