Easy Permutations and Combinations

This explanation is very understanding. Every one can get it very easily.
Thank you so much for better explanation.

thank kalid for that

please explain how to find the rank of a word
for eg. ZENITH

I have a quiz in a few minutes on this. This helped greatly. Thanks!

WOW…!! That was really a easy way to understand permutation and combination… Thanks a lot.

i love this this really helped me out cause i got these questions on my scantron

Hi I m stuck on this question …can someone help.
for some reason the net is not coming with lines but u can make it out

Question :A set of children’s blocks are to be painted in distinct colour patterns. The blocks are made of cubes and must be painted so that no block is able to be rotated into a position that matches the paint scheme of another block. Each face must be painted a unique color from a set of 6 fixed colour choices. A net showing one such colour scheme from the set is given in Figure 2.
3 4 5 6

1 - Red
2 - Blue
3 - Green
4 - Yellow
5 - Pink
6 - Orange

Figure 2: Net representation of a cube and colour pattern.

(a) If face 1 is painted Red, how many ways could the opposite face (face 2) be painted?

(b) If face 1 and face 2 are painted, how many ways can the remaining four faces be painted?

(Hint: because the cubes must be painted in distinct patterns you will need to ignore the four possible rotations which could result in a non-distinct pattern, e.g. {3,4,5,6} is the same as {4,5,6,3}, {5,6,3,4} and {6,3,4,5}.)

(c) What are the total number of ways the set of cubes can be painted?

(d) If 7 fixed colour choices were available instead of 6, how many distinct ways could the blocks be painted?

3 4 5 6

hi this is the correct ne 2,4 1 need to be vertically in line
thnx

it is very nice lecture method, please continue such like that more!!!

how many combinations of three different numbers can be chosen from the numbers 23 through 32? I don’t understand why this is a combination. It says three DIFFERENT numbers so that means you can’t have 23 23 23 right? Doesn’t that make it a permutation?

bro can you re explain the second question from " Questions and contributions " I couldnt understand it actually :confused:

Dear Kalid,

I’ll say you are really a blessing to me. I so much value the way you make difficult things turn so easy. I am really so so happy for stumbling upon your site today after so much search for better explanations on different topics I find so confusing.

I’m one of the many that loves maths a lot but also finds it so frustrating most of the times, especially when the exercises are so twisted than what was used in explaining the topic.

I have two sets of exams to write on maths in the next 2 weeks and have been facing so much difficulties in some topics.

I believe I have reached a point where I can grab a sit and learn comfortable and as much as I can before my test.

Thanks a million bro!!!

Hi Kalid,

Your explanation was somewhat like my teachers’ but I wanted to ask if you can put more practice problems with permutations and combinations on your site and apply it with an answer key so that beginners like me can practice. I am still having trouble with permutations and combinations though. Thanks for your explanation anyways and I hope you can post practice problems.

Thanks for this site. My test is tomorrow and this helped me understand the study guide SOO much better! THANKS!!!:heart:️!

Thanks for this site. My test is tomorrow and this helped me understand the study guide SOO much better! THANKS!!!:heart:️!:slight_smile:

Hyperperson says:
Thanks for this site. My test is tomorrow and this helped me understand the study guide SOO much better! THANKS!!!:heart:️!:slight_smile:

Thank you, my Final Exam is tomorrow and this was a big help.

thnks a bunch

Thank u … I had big time trouble before I saw this site…u r a savior!!! :slight_smile:

Awesome Explanation… finally I am able to learn what permutation and combination is exactly.