Easy Permutations and Combinations

How would I calculate something with much bigger numbers? Say, for instance, a protein that is 120 amino acids long, with 20 variants of amino acid choice? Would I use the same formula? Thanks!

Very awesome and helpful discussions… Thank you ALL!!!

I love your site and would like to practice with more examples. Any recommended sites

i love u

Maths becomes when u understand the theory…
I want to learn more…

Thanks a lot…!!! it clears the confusion.

I am predicting results of 3 football matches (A,B,C) where there are only two possible outcomes, a draw or a win.

My question is, how 3 match outcomes are possible giving these indices?
if there are 4 matches instead (ABCD) how many 4 match outcomes are possible?

This is awesome, thanks dude

I am really having problems inputting this in excel. let’s say I have 15 friends and 3 presents to hand out to them. How many different ways can I hand these presents out using permutation. How could I input this as a formula in excel and show the outcomes to my daughter so she understands more. Thanks.

very useful sir…sir i need full help in understanding the concepts n practical examples of probability

suppose there are 13 bags numbered 1-13, each with three balls;red, green and blue, and you pick a ball from each bag. how many combinations are available? can also get the list of the combinations, in order of the bag number?

1. In how many ways can 3 dogs, 4 cats, 4 rabbits and 2 hedgehogs be seated in a row?

2. How many different signals, each consisting of 7 flags hung in a vertical line, can be formed from 4 identical red flags and 3 identical blue flags?

3. A classroom has 10 vacant seats. If five additional students enter the class, in how many different ways can they be seated?

4. In how many ways can five students be seated i a row of ten seats if two students refuse to sit next to each other?

5. In how many ways can 15 students take 3 different tests if 5 students are to take each test?

Those items in my homework kinda confuses me. Help me pls Thank you so muchhhh!

I am predicting results of 3 football matches (A,B,C) where there are only two possible outcomes, a draw or a win.

My question is, how many 3 match outcomes are possible giving these indices?
if there are 4 matches instead (ABCD) how many 4 match outcomes are possible?

Whoa! Thanks a lot! It makes clear sense now :smiley:

Hello, thank you very much I have understo od your explanation…

its very nice…but…i want …clear answer for 31 comment.help me …due…

it is very easy to understand from the internet that all the maths problems very clearly.

Perm mutation does sound like a relay hairy problem !

Hi, I have a problem and don’t understand it and was hoping you could help. Here’s the problem. -6+19C5
I tried solving it but didn’t understand it.

The letters of the word BRONZE are written in all possible orders. if these words are written out in a dictionary order what is the rank of the word BRONZE ?