Easy Permutations and Combinations

from the first 4 odd numbers (1,3,5 and 7) and the following 4 even numbers (2,46, and 8), how many groups of 4 digit numbers can be formed consisting of:
a. 2 odd numbers and 2 even numbers?
b. all odd numbers?
c. 1 odd number and 3 even numbers?

Thanks mate. Real big help.

Hello , please help me with this:
1 - A bag contains 5 red balls and 7 green balls. find the number of ways 3 balls can be drawn from the bag if:
(a) 2 must be red and 1 must be green
(b) they must all be of same colours

2 - a committee is to be formed containing of 7 members from 8 parents , 5 teachers and the principle.
how many ways can the committee be formed if the committee consists of;
(a) the principle
(b) 4 parents

A very good explanation here. I was always confused in selecting either permutation or combination. Now its crystal clear thanks to you.

@Kalid
You sure are doing a great work here making things that look really hard/challenging/tasking quite easy.
Thanks

From 0 to 9, how many permutation combinations are there?
Explain me this question with solution

What are the best resources u can recommend to learn Probability very effectively?
Thanx in advance!

I have a question and I cant figure it out. its off of my daughters homework and its driving us crazy.

A cereal company is giving away baseball erasers free in their boxes of cereal. there are 7 erasers to collect. all the children at the school want the whole set. at any moment, they all have different collections and none have more then one of the same eraser. (The collection can overlap - for example, one child could have a,b, and d while the other has b,c, and d)

question 1. what is the maximum number of children there could be at the school?(things to think about: how many children could there be if there were 2 erasers to collect? if there were 3 to collect and so on. can you find the pattern) remember, it is possible for one student to have no erasers.

I have five colors I have to match it as three combos…can anyone provide me the exact combinations count …

suppose there are 13 bags each with three balls;red, green and blue, and you pick a ball from each bag. how many combinations are available? can also get the list of the combinations?

Hi Kalid,
Very wel explained indeed. I am no math wiz but I have this issue: I have 27 different items, each item having a value of Yes or No. How many possible combinations will I have? Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

P.S.
I am trying to put the combinations in Excel and I am wondering if I can display all the combinations in Excel, i.e., if Excel has enough columns to display all the combinations.

I am getting more confused

Suppose you have 13 football matches and each game has 3 chances win, lose & Draw. How can you get a chances of all possible outcomes?

How do I solve this…
A password has 5 letters and can be made from the letters A,B, and C.Letters can be repeated.How many different passwords are possible?

can you help me with this one?

if there are 3 roads from town a to town b and 4 roads from town b to town c, in how many ways can one go from town a to town c and back and to town a, through town b without passing through the same road twice ?

Dear Khalid
Please answer this question for me.
4men and their wives sit on a bench in how many ways can they be arranged if
1.no restrictions
2.Each man sits next to his wife
Thank you.

This site really helped a lot

HI I NEED HELP HERE…
How many ways can we award a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize among eight contestants? (Gold / Silver / Bronze)

8 choice* 7 choice* 6 choice.
My question is, why are we multiplying these terms? isnt this addition here? 8+7+6?.. please help, i need answer fast…

How many 5 number combinations are there, 1-39, without duplicating numbers? Thank you!