Starting Ruby on Rails: What I Wish I Knew

Getting Started with Ruby on Rails…

This is a great guide to getting started with Ruby. Tools: Just Get Them Here’s the tools you’ll need. Don’t read endless reviews trying to decide on the best one; start somewhere and get going. [note:That line applies all over…

Excellent article for someone starting out on Rails. Great job.

Thanks ju, there was a false positive with Avast that I’ve fixed. I had to split a library file in two, more info here: http://reddit.com/info/1rwjd/comments/c1rz5z

Thanks Chad, glad you enjoyed it.

Simple Ruby on Rails Tutorial…

http://betterexplained.com/articles/starting-ruby-on-rails-what-i-wish-i-knew/

[…] Rails makes heavy use of conventions to make a developer’s life easier. A few people have asked me where to find a list of these conventions, as they tend to be sprinkled all over the place. Here’s one such list: Starting Ruby on Rails: What I Wish I Knew. It may not cover everything, but it’s a good start. […]

[…] read more | digg story […]

links for 2007-06-19…

Starting Ruby on Rails: What I Wish I Knew | BetterExplained (tags: rubyonrails tips) Remember The Milk - Forums / Ideas / My GTD Setup (tags: gtd rememberthemilk toread)…

Business logic should be in models! not controllers. Please use the fat model approach, it will save you a lot of hassle.

[…] Starting Ruby on Rails: What I Wish I Knew | BetterExplained what it says on the tin (tags: RoR Rails Ruby via:mikeg) […]

Thanks Ryan, I’ve updated the article with the fat model approach.

[…] Starting Ruby on Rails: What I Wish I Knew | BetterExplained (tags: rails) […]

[…] Starting on Ruby on Rails: What I wish I knew […]

It appears your link to the HTTP Caching article is actually pointing to the GUID article…

Whoops, thanks for the catch. I just updated the link.

[…] Link: BetterExplained […]

AWSOME…Very Helpful

links for 2007-06-29…

Starting Ruby on Rails: What I Wish I Knew | BetterExplained Nice beginners tips and tricks (tags: rails programming tutorials) Create your Simpsons avatar … somewhere in the Flash-mess (tags: Simpsons)…