Getting Going with Wordpress

A list of what I've done to get the Wordpress blog software up and running.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://betterexplained.com/articles/getting-going-with-wordpress/

WordPress and SEO…

Thomas Silkjær collected some good tips and plugins of wordpress on his blog!

Ofcause ,just as he said:

These tips won’t flood your blog with visitors - no SEO tips will. Use these tips to improve your site, and fight for a lot of backlinks and vi…

[…] Oder: Wordpress für Anfänger. […]

[…] I’m finally getting around to setting up Google Analytics for OddMagic. Having recalled that I came across WordPress plugins that can aid in this endeavor, I did some digging in older posts to find references to a good one. I came across a reference to BetterExplained, which has an article I had read previously. Getting Going with Wordpress contains a number of tips to implement that can improve your site, including a link to the plugin Google Analyticator. […]

The latex plugin is a good one, I never knew about it. I would also recommend the google custom search plugin http://aleembawany.com/projects/wordpress/google-custom-search-plugin/

The search on your site is broken by the way. I have used Google Custom Search plugin for WordPress–search quality is way better than WordPress and you can also make some cents if you integrate adsense into your Google CSE account.

@Mark: Thanks for the notice! It turned out PHP was hitting its memory limit :frowning: (I had a really low setting). Thanks for the plugin tip, I’ll have to check it out.

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with my Facebook
group. Chat soon!

Now more and more users of wordpress.
He was so easy and complete. Besides, it is also free.
I love wordpress :slight_smile: