Collected Notes on Success and Happiness

This is a collection of thoughts, my own and from the web, on success. The list will grow as I do! :)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://betterexplained.com/articles/collected-notes-on-success/

[…] Collected Notes on Success — I’ve collected a few inspirational speeches on pursuing your passions. […]

impressive & nicely put… but i think everyone should study THE ART OF WAR by SUN TZU its as useful for personal life as its use in military or business… here is a link… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War

Thanks James – it’s on my reading list :slight_smile:

[…] Ein Beispiel: Collected notes on success. […]

“We think of life as a journey with a destination (success, heaven). But we missed the point. It was a musical thing, we were supposed to sing and dance while music was being played.”

Funny thing I stumbled (literally, Stumble Upon is a great thing) across your blog today. About a week days ago I had this exact realization. It really has made me happier.

Also, I love your blog. It’s fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Hi Noah, thanks for dropping by, and for the comment. Yeah, it’s so easy to get wrapped in day-to-day activity that you forget the big picture… that movie really struck me. Appreciate the encouragement, I’ll keep blogging :).

What a beautiful blog you’ve built Kalid… Steve Jobs’ graduation speech, Steve Pavlina have been in my collection amongst many others…

Your 'Surviving (and thriving) on your own: Know Thyself" reminded me of a saying from my favorite author Wayne Dyer: “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.” And I guess you are doing just that… will be coming here more often to read and learn…

Thanks Keshvi, glad you’re enjoying it. Yes, I enjoy dancing so can relate to that quote. Sometimes you just need to enjoy where you are, not constantly wait for the long-off pleasure of where you are going (which like a mirage, sometimes never gets closer). Appreciate the comment.

touche! hadn’t thought of mirage :slight_smile: thanks!

what a great collection i especially liked “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life” that is so true, most people i know live like their parents/someone else wanted.

Thanks shimon, I like that quote too! It’s very easy to get trapped in a track of what other people expect.

Hi Kalid,

Just stumbled upon your blog while searching for clearer json explanation and found it to be great.

Great work.Had been to few of authors and ppts buts ur organisation was so cool.

Nice, clear and best write ups came across.

Regards,

Manoj

Hi Manu, thanks for the kind words! I enjoy trying to make things as clear as possible, so I’m really happy you found it useful. Thanks for dropping by.

[…] To read the entire article on “Collected Notes on Success and Happiness”, visit BetterExplained. […]

hi there Kalid, i have seen this blog years ago. and i had bookmarked your page. now i look at the same page, and see that it still is helpful. But you said that you would expand the blog… and you have not :’(

@Barbaros: Thanks for writing – not sure what you mean by expand? I am planning some more community features but currently the articles are just coming from me ;).

Just stumbled across this great post - amazing!

I think the example with the music is amazing - surely, the best athletes and musicians strive by living each moment to its fullest - the importance is in the journey, not the destination.

Surely, this is something that the fields of math and science (not as much professionally, but CERTAINLY, MOST DEFINITELY the school system) can improve on. The meaningful focus is on journey, not destination.

Thanks, Kalid!

@Stan: Thanks for the comment – I really, really like that music & life video too. Ironically by focusing on enjoying the journey I think you have a better chance of actually reaching your destination.

I have loved this great collection! I have especially liked “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life”…this is very perfect, we have got to live our own lives and achieve personal success in our own journeys for we dont know what the other person’s journey is