Understanding Accounting Basics (ALOE and Balance Sheets)

This is one good way to learn from your peers…cause you never stop learning, and I learned that 25% of what you’ll learn comes from the classroom and 75% from other sources like the internet, libraries, friends & families etc… This is really nice.

Is Rivonia (comment #67) legitimate?
And even if it is, is it appropriate to advertise on your site?

I am seeking a program to assist me with my accounting ll class. I need something like math way. Do you know something similar to that? I need something to follow and help me work out the problem. I get where you’re going with the concepts, but I need real plug in working site. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot, though i am totally new to the accounting subject but as i m preparing for CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), this article helped me a lot to understand the basic concept of accounting…GOD bless you.

and it will be wonderful if you please add Linkedin, facebook etc sharing tools in ur articles…thanks

Great feedback:)…

I need advise on Sage Pastel, if anyone have experience in that please HELP

hi kalid i am fresh i dont understand account so what i do

What if the bill is to be paid in 30 day? Do I add in as an asset or equity?

Thanks, that was spam, just deleted!

Can you please Analize how long term debts are categorized in accounting equations for a company and their customers

hi guys I am sikelela i had about this page that its so helpfull so i had an suplimentary in Accounting and mathematics, would u assist me in accounting?

What is the method of closing stock???

hi
please help
to which type of account do the following belong and on which side of the account do you normally find the balance:drawings,rates,bank overdraft,stock,cash,discount,property

Was not grasping debit and credit concepts in course I’m currently doing and came across your page which simplified it beautifully-Thank you !

Thank you so much new student in basic accountant I believe I am going to make it I didn’t understand you made a clear way for me debit left credit right God bless you many more years to come

why not keep debit and credit side in balance sheet

Great explanation I find accounting very easy with your material

what is that symbol T in balance shhet?

I found “Jim in Austin’s” second post to be very helpful. I’d struggled with a finding a more complete “narrative”/“point of reference” for the debit and credit dilemma until I read what he wrote: “I might also add that debits and credits are not pluses and minuses. They are…”. I was thinking of accounting as plus and minus without understanding how to do the mental work. It is not math per se. Once I stopped and repeated to myself what he’d written and what I’d been told over and over by my instructor, I finally began to understand. I now have this posted on 2 index cards in my textbook and I do refer to it often (and I will until it becomes automatic). I now know how to treat assets and expenses and liabilities, equity and income. I no longer think, “What do I subtract and what do I add” but “Is this an asset, expense, liability, equity or income that I’m dealing with, what’s happening with it and what does the rule say about dealing with it in situation like this one?” I also think Kalid’s “Understanding Accounting Basics” is also a good simple intro to accounts/bookkeeping. Thank you both.

how to learn account subject?