Easy Permutations and Combinations

its all amazing…but not so fruitful

Thats great sir…i am preparing for iit jee exams…i think you must be knowing about that…biggest entrance exam for engeenering in india…
Found this article really helpful as combinatorics is my weakest section in maths:):):)…
Wanna stay in touch with you…thanx

Great discussion!

i hav understood to to some dit.neway thankzzz

[…] from the total of N horses. For your other problems you may want to read a bit more about this: Easy Permutations and Combinations | BetterExplained Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+ « […]

a password consist of two letters of the alphabet followed by three digits chosen from 0 to 9 repeats are allowed how different possible passwords are there?

2626101010 = 676,000

:slight_smile:

Thanks for your tutorial…it’s very easy to understand…

I won’t be disappointed if I get a tin can. I’ll use it to… To… Fine, I’ll be disappointed:)

this website really is going to help me on my test tomorrow. i have more confidence!

YOU’RE SOUUND :smiley:

A few months ago the mabezat virus created havoc on on three of my clients servers.I immediatly contacted Trend, who told me to download the latest patern(How friking stupid do they think I am)I eventualy had a guy from Trend sitting in my office trying to resolve the problem, he could not even sort it out but promised that a bandage patch would be released the following day.Needless to say, my high priority client had already been down for 48 Hours, I gave Trend a ultimatum to have a solution working soulution in place within 2 hours or lose the business.

Hi
Amzing site. But I am still stuck with some questions .Please help asap

If n people are seated in a random manner in a row of n theatre saets, what is the prob. That two particular people A and B will be seated next to each other?
If k people are seated in a random manner in a row, containg n seats, (n>k), what is the probability that the people will occupy k adjacent seats in a row ?

If k people are seated in a random manner in a circle, containing n chairs, (n>k) what is the probability that the people will occupy k adjacent chairs in the circle?
If n ppl are seated in a random manner containg 2n seats, what is the probability that no two people will occupy adjacent seats?

In response to-617-@Brittney- As simple as it goes :slight_smile:
Case I - If your not replacing the book that’s already been chosen, then it’ll be =}
=11/206/193/18
=11/380 = 0.0289474
Case II - If your picking a book then putting it back in, then it’ll be =}
=11/206/203/20
=198/4000
=99/2000 = 0.0495

Sir pls explain for me this problem
A box of one dozen eggs contain one that is bad. If 3 eggs are chosen at random what is the probability that one of them will be bad ?
How the answer comes 0.25 pls explain for me

^700 comments… HECK YEAH!!!
:putsonsunglasses:

Thanks Kalid,

Your so helpful. I appreciat you taking the time to respond. Have a great day.

Tracey

This is awesome–simple and clear! :slight_smile:

can you help me with this question? —> it is really confusing to me, and it will be a really big help for me if you explained :slight_smile: Emily’s school offers 3 English classes and 4 History classes for her to choose from. She must choose 3 of these classes to complete her schedule. If exactly one of these must be an English class, how many different combinations of classes are possible for Emily?

Thank you so much! I was seriously stuck on a problem until I saw this and now I actually get it! :smiley:

[…] We finished the basic algebra review from Friday (see the link from Friday’s class) and also finished the discussion of permutations and combinations. […]