Easy Permutations and Combinations

I have five colors I have to match it as three combos…can anyone provide me the exact combinations count …

suppose there are 13 bags each with three balls;red, green and blue, and you pick a ball from each bag. how many combinations are available? can also get the list of the combinations?

Hi Kalid,
Very wel explained indeed. I am no math wiz but I have this issue: I have 27 different items, each item having a value of Yes or No. How many possible combinations will I have? Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

P.S.
I am trying to put the combinations in Excel and I am wondering if I can display all the combinations in Excel, i.e., if Excel has enough columns to display all the combinations.

I am getting more confused

Suppose you have 13 football matches and each game has 3 chances win, lose & Draw. How can you get a chances of all possible outcomes?

How do I solve this…
A password has 5 letters and can be made from the letters A,B, and C.Letters can be repeated.How many different passwords are possible?

can you help me with this one?

if there are 3 roads from town a to town b and 4 roads from town b to town c, in how many ways can one go from town a to town c and back and to town a, through town b without passing through the same road twice ?

Dear Khalid
Please answer this question for me.
4men and their wives sit on a bench in how many ways can they be arranged if
1.no restrictions
2.Each man sits next to his wife
Thank you.

This site really helped a lot

HI I NEED HELP HERE…
How many ways can we award a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize among eight contestants? (Gold / Silver / Bronze)

8 choice* 7 choice* 6 choice.
My question is, why are we multiplying these terms? isnt this addition here? 8+7+6?.. please help, i need answer fast…

How many 5 number combinations are there, 1-39, without duplicating numbers? Thank you!

A big round of applause to u for making this thread. You should be my teacher… Thnx a lot…

this was awesome!!!

Can you give an example of real life that involve permutation at least 3. Cause I’m very confusing what permutation is. Reply pls ASAP

-Den

thank you… it was help full … from school onwards I was little bit confused about permutation and combinations. and I always wonder how could I understand the question, whether it is combination or permutation. So I was skipping this portion and study all other portions for exam… Now I got the idea and I am sad to know this is very simple… thanks for helping me…

I do really like this site. But I have a question in my book that says:
A white wolf horse is in a race with 7 other runners. If we are concerned with 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings, in how many ways can white wolf finish 1st or 2nd or 3rd?

@O. Opara: Really glad it helped!

Dear Khalid.

Thanks for this clarification. Please help me out on this question:

How many people are you going to invite in a party such that when 4 people meet know each other, and when 3 people meet don’t know each other?

Kamnali

Thx 4 this it as rlly helpful 4 my math comp coming up thx a lot :smiley::smiley::wink::smile::smile::blush::blush::smirk::smirk::blush::wink::smirk::blush::smirk::wink::blush::smiley::blush::wink::smirk::smiley::wink::smirk::wink::wink::smile::smirk::grin::smirk::blush::smirk::smirk::blush::smirk::wink::blush::smile::smirk::grin::smile::smirk::smile::smirk::smiley::blush::smirk::smirk::wink::smirk::smirk::wink::grin::smirk::smile::wink::blush::wink::grin::smile::triumph::confounded::blush::wink::confounded::confounded::wink::smirk::grin::wink::smirk::wink::blush::wink::wink::triumph:

Fuck u